Is there an increased risk of cryptorchidism for DES sons and grandsons ?
Is cryptorchidism a transgenerational effect of diethylstilbestrol ?
Source DES and cryptorchidism studies :
3rd Generation – DES Grandsons, who are DES Sons’ offspring
3rd Generation – DES Grandsons, who are DES Daughters’ offspring
2nd Generation – DES Sons
- 2016 Diethylstilbestrol Regulates the Expression of LGR8 in Mouse Gubernaculum Testis Cells.
- 2012 Cryptorchidism and endocrine disrupting chemicals.
- 2012 Diethylstilbestrol affects LGR8 expression in mouse gubernaculum testis.
- 2012 Diethylstilbestrol impairs the morphology and function of mouse gubernaculum testis in culture.
- 2010 Environmental factors in genitourinary development.
- 2009 Prenatal exposure to diaethylstilbestrol in the rat inhibits transabdominal testicular descent with involvement of the INSL3/LGR8 system and HOXA10.
- 2009 The effect of diethylstilbestrol on inducing abdominal cryptorchidism and relevant genetic expression in rats.
- 2009 Urogenital abnormalities in men exposed to diethylstilbestrol in utero: a cohort study.
- 2008 Testicular Dysgenesis Syndrome and the Estrogen Hypothesis: A Quantitative Meta-Analysis.
- 2007 Endocrine disruptor compounds and their role in the developmental programming of the reproductive axis.
- 2007 Estrogen receptor alpha is a major contributor to estrogen-mediated fetal testis dysgenesis and cryptorchidism.
- 2006 Exposure to endocrine disrupting chemicals and children’s health: problems in epidemiological studies.
- 2006 Male reproductive disorders in humans and prenatal indicators of estrogen exposure. A review of published epidemiological studies.
- 2005 Exposure to endocrine disrupting chemicals and human health: a review of epidemiological studies focused on hypospadias and cryptorchidism.
- 2004 Effect of prenatal exposure to diethylstilbestrol on gubernacular development in fetal male mice.
- 2003 Update on cryptorchidism: endocrine, environmental and therapeutic aspects.
- 2002 Mechanism of action of testosterone on the gonads of male rats treated with stilbestrol.
- 2001 From malformations to molecular mechanisms in the male: three decades of research on endocrine disrupters.
- 2000 A molecular basis for estrogen-induced cryptorchidism.
- 2000 Involvement of insulin-like factor 3 (Insl3) in diethylstilbestrol-induced cryptorchidism.
- 1998 Effects of neonatal administration of diethylstilbestrol in male hamsters: disruption of reproductive function in adults after apparently normal pubertal development.
- 1998 Environmental endocrine modulators and human health: an assessment of the biological evidence.
- 1996 Male Reproductive Health and Environmental Xenoestrogens.
- 1995 Do environmental estrogens contribute to the decline in male reproductive health?
- 1988 Lesions of testis and epididymis associated with prenatal diethylstilbestrol exposure.
- 1987 Aberrant epididymal tissue: a significant clinical entity.
- 1985 Effects of in utero exposure to DES on male progeny.
- 1982 In utero exposure to diethylstilbestrol: Adverse effects on the reproductive tract and reproductive performance in male and female offspring.
- 1981 Screening of Adolescents Exposed to Diethylstilbestrol in Utero.
- 1979 Association of diethylstilbestrol exposure in utero with cryptorchidism, testicular hypoplasia and semen abnormalities.
- 1979 Health effects : pregnancy use of diethylstilbestrol.
- 1979 Physician advisory: health effects of the pregnancy use of diethylstilbestrol.
- 1979 Transplacental effects of diethylstilbestrol in mice.
- 1977 Follow-up study of male and female offspring of DES-exposed mothers.
- 1977 Induction of urogenital anomalies and some tumors in the progeny of mice receiving diethylstilbestrol during pregnancy.
- 1976 Structural and functional abnormalities in the sex organs of male offspring of mothers treated with diethylstilbestrol (DES).
- 1975 Follow-up study of male and female offspring of DES-treated mothers a preliminary report.
- 1975 Reproductive tract lesions in male mice exposed prenatally to diethylstilbestrol.
For different topics, please see Diethylstilbestrol DES Studies.