What’s the increased risk for DES Mothers, DES Daughters, DES Granddaughters ?
What’s the risk on the long term for the DES-exposed ?
Source DES and breast cancer studies :
3rd Generation – DES Granddaughters
- 2014 Maternal exposure to diethylstilbestrol during pregnancy and increased breast cancer risk in daughters.
2nd Generation – DES Daughters
- 2015 Cancer Risk in Women Exposed to Diethylstilbestrol in Utero.
- 2014 Bisphenol-A and diethylstilbestrol exposure induces the expression of breast cancer associated long noncoding RNA HOTAIR in vitro and in vivo.
- 2013 Does cancer start in the womb? Altered mammary gland development and predisposition to breast cancer due to in utero exposure to endocrine disruptors.
- 2013 Exposures to Synthetic Estrogens at Different Times During the Life, and Their Effect on Breast Cancer Risk.
- 2013 Prenatal DES exposure in relation to breast size.
- 2011 Adverse health outcomes in women exposed in utero to diethylstilbestrol.
- 2011 Gene expression profile of terminal end buds in rat mammary glands exposed to diethylstilbestrol in neonatal period.
- 2010 In Utero Exposure to Diethylstilbestrol (DES) or Bisphenol-A (BPA) Increases EZH2 Expression in the Mammary Gland: An Epigenetic Mechanism Linking Endocrine Disruptors to Breast Cancer.
- 2009 Breast Cancer Screening in Women Exposed In Utero to Diethylstilbestrol.
- 2008 Effects of neonatally administered low-dose diethylstilbestrol on the induction of mammary carcinomas and dysplasias induced by 7,12-dimethylbenz [a] anthracene in female rats.
- 2007 Cancer risk in women prenatally exposed to diethylstilbestrol.
- 2007 Effects of neonatally administered diethylstilbestrol on induction of mammary carcinomas induced by 7, 12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene in female rats.
- 2006 Birth weight and breast cancer risk.
- 2006 In utero exposure to diethylstilbestrol (DES) does not increase genomic instability in normal or neoplastic breast epithelium.
- 2006 Prenatal Diethylstilbestrol Exposure and Risk of Breast Cancer.
- 2005 Breast cancer incidence in women prenatally exposed to maternal cigarette smoke.
- 2005 Management of breast cancer in patients prenatally exposed to diethylstilbestrol : are we prepared ?
- 2002 Risk of breast cancer in women exposed to diethylstilbestrol in utero: prelimiinary results (United States).
- 1993 Mammary gland morphology and responsiveness to regulatory molecules following prenatal exposure to diethylstilbestrol.
- 1987 Transplacental effects of diethylstilbestrol on mammary development and tumorigenesis in female ACI rats.
- 1983 Transplacental action of diethylstilbestrol on mammary carcinogenesis in female rats given one or two doses of 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene.
- 1979 Mammary tumorigenesis in the rat following prenatal exposure to diethylstilbestrol and postnatal treatment with 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene.
1st Generation – DES Mothers
- 2001 Long-term cancer risk in women given diethylstilbestrol (DES) during pregnancy.
- 1993 Breast cancer in mothers prescribed diethylstilbestrol in pregnancy. Further follow-up.
- 1984 Breast cancer in mothers given diethylstilbestrol in pregnancy.
- 1979 Diethylstilbestrol and the risk of cancer.
- 1978 A twenty-five-year follow-up study of women exposed to diethylstilbestrol during pregnancy.
For different topics, please see Diethylstilbestrol DES Studies.