What’s the increased risk for DES Mothers, DES Daughters, DES Granddaughters ?
What’s the risk on the long term for the DES-exposed ?
Source DES and breast cancer studies :
- 2012 Mammography screening behaviors of women exposed prenatally to diethylstilbestrol.
- 2009 Breast Cancer Screening in Women Exposed In Utero to Diethylstilbestrol.
- 2005 Management of breast cancer in patients prenatally exposed to diethylstilbestrol : are we prepared ?
- 2003 Diallyl sulfide inhibits diethylstilbestrol-induced lipid peroxidation in breast tissue of female ACI rats: implications in breast cancer prevention.
3rd Generation – DES Granddaughters
- 2018 Genetic variation in sensitivity to estrogens and breast cancer risk.
- 2017 Diethylstilbestrol: Potential health risks for women exposed in utero and their offspring.
- 2014 Maternal exposure to diethylstilbestrol during pregnancy and increased breast cancer risk in daughters.
- 2009 Xenoestrogen-induced epigenetic repression of microRNA-9-3 in breast epithelial cells.
- 1993 Breast cancer epidemiology: summary and future directions.
2nd Generation – DES Daughters
- 2018 Estrogen Metabolism in Postmenopausal Women Exposed In Utero to Diethylstilbestrol.
- 2018 Prenatal diethylstilbestrol exposure and mammographic density.
- 2017 Perinatal Exposure to Bisphenol A or Diethylstilbestrol Increases the Susceptibility to Develop Mammary Gland Lesions After Estrogen Replacement Therapy in Middle-Aged Rats.
- 2016 vidéo Conséquences pour les mères, filles et fils DES.
- 2015 Cancer Risk in Women Exposed to Diethylstilbestrol in Utero.
- 2014 Bisphenol-A and diethylstilbestrol exposure induces the expression of breast cancer associated long noncoding RNA HOTAIR in vitro and in vivo.
- 2014 vidéo Cancer du Sein chez les Filles DES.
- 2013 Does cancer start in the womb? Altered mammary gland development and predisposition to breast cancer due to in utero exposure to endocrine disruptors.
- 2013 Exposures to Synthetic Estrogens at Different Times During the Life, and Their Effect on Breast Cancer Risk.
- 2013 Prenatal DES exposure in relation to breast size.
- 2012 Breast cancer following diethylstilbestrol exposure in utero: a tragedy?
- 2012 Breast cancer following diethylstilbestrol exposure in utero: insights from a tragedy.
- 2012 Diethylstilbestrol exposure: evaluation of the doses received in France.
- 2012 Endocrine-active chemicals in mammary cancer causation and prevention.
- 2012 Prenatal diethylstilbestrol exposure and breast cancer.
- 2012 Prenatal exposure to diethylstilbestrol and long-term impact on the breast and reproductive tract in humans and mice.
- 2011 Adverse health outcomes in women exposed in utero to diethylstilbestrol.
- 2011 Gene expression profile of terminal end buds in rat mammary glands exposed to diethylstilbestrol in neonatal period.
- 2011 Risk factors for breast cancer, including occupational exposures.
- 2010 In Utero Exposure to Diethylstilbestrol (DES) or Bisphenol-A (BPA) Increases EZH2 Expression in the Mammary Gland: An Epigenetic Mechanism Linking Endocrine Disruptors to Breast Cancer.
- 2008 Effects of neonatally administered low-dose diethylstilbestrol on the induction of mammary carcinomas and dysplasias induced by 7,12-dimethylbenz [a] anthracene in female rats.
- 2007 Cancer risk in women prenatally exposed to diethylstilbestrol.
- 2007 Effects of neonatally administered diethylstilbestrol on induction of mammary carcinomas induced by 7, 12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene in female rats.
- 2007 Intrauterine factors and breast cancer risk.
- 2007 Intrauterine factors and risk of breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of current evidence.
- 2006 Birth weight and breast cancer risk.
- 2006 Intrauterine exposures, pregnancy estrogens and breast cancer risk: where do we currently stand?
- 2006 In utero exposure to diethylstilbestrol (DES) does not increase genomic instability in normal or neoplastic breast epithelium.
- 2006 Prenatal Diethylstilbestrol Exposure and Risk of Breast Cancer.
- 2005 Breast cancer incidence in women prenatally exposed to maternal cigarette smoke.
- 2002 Risk of breast cancer in women exposed to diethylstilbestrol in utero: prelimiinary results (United States).
- 1999 DES Research Heats Up Again After Breast Cancer Finding.
- 1998 Maternal factors and breast cancer risk among young women.
- 1997 Prenatal and perinatal risk factors for breast cancer in young women.
- 1996 Premenopausal breast cancer after in-utero exposure to stilboestrol.
- 1993 Diethylstilbestrol (DES) and breast cancer.
- 1993 Mammary gland morphology and responsiveness to regulatory molecules following prenatal exposure to diethylstilbestrol.
- 1990 Hypothesis: does breast cancer originate in utero?
- 1987 Transplacental effects of diethylstilbestrol on mammary development and tumorigenesis in female ACI rats.
- 1983 Transplacental action of diethylstilbestrol on mammary carcinogenesis in female rats given one or two doses of 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene.
- 1979 Mammary tumorigenesis in the rat following prenatal exposure to diethylstilbestrol and postnatal treatment with 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene.
1st Generation – DES Mothers
- 2018 Pregnancy-related factors and risk of B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma among women in Los Angeles.
- 2016 vidéo Conséquences pour les mères, filles et fils DES.
- 2010 Pituitary tumor transforming gene binding factor: a new gene in breast cancer.
- 2009 The influence of endocrine disrupting chemicals on the proliferation of ERalpha knockdown-human breast cancer cell line MCF-7; new attempts by RNAi technology.
- 2008 Do oestrogens induce chromosome specific aneuploidy in vitro, similar to the pattern of aneuploidy seen in breast cancer?
- 2005 Diallyl sulfide inhibits diethylstilbesterol-induced DNA adducts in the breast of female ACI rats.
- 2002 DES exposure and the aging woman: mothers and daughters.
- 2001 Carcinogenicity of estrogens in human breast epithelial cells.
- 2001 Long-term cancer risk in women given diethylstilbestrol (DES) during pregnancy.
- 2000 Can estrogenic radicals, generated by lactoperoxidase, be involved in the molecular mechanism of breast carcinogenesis?
- 2000 Mice heterozygous for a Brca1 or Brca2 mutation display distinct mammary gland and ovarian phenotypes in response to diethylstilbestrol.
- 1997 Experimental study on relationship between exogenous estrogen and breast cancer risk.
- 1996 Diethylstilbestrol and risk of fatal breast cancer in a prospective cohort of US women.
- 1993 Breast cancer in mothers prescribed diethylstilbestrol in pregnancy. Further follow-up.
- 1992 Diethylstilboestrol: I, Pharmacology, Toxicology and carcinogenicity in humans.
- 1984 Breast cancer in mothers given diethylstilbestrol in pregnancy.
- 1980 Breast cancer in DES-exposed mothers: absence of association.
- 1980 Long-term follow-up of mothers who received high doses of stilboestrol and ethisterone in pregnancy.
- 1980 Randomised trial of high doses of stilboestrol and ethisterone in pregnancy: long-term follow-up of mothers.
- 1979 Diethylstilbestrol and the risk of cancer.
- 1978 A twenty-five-year follow-up study of women exposed to diethylstilbestrol during pregnancy.
For different topics, please see Diethylstilbestrol DES Studies.