What are the implications of prenatal DES exposure for neurodevelopment ?
Source studies of DES linked to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD, autism spectrum disorder ASD, bi-polar, Down’s syndrome.
- 2018 Association of Exposure to Diethylstilbestrol During Pregnancy With Multigenerational Neurodevelopmental Deficits.
- 2018 Toward an Emerging Paradigm for Understanding Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Other Neurodevelopmental, Mental, and Behavioral Disorders.
- 2017 Methylomic changes in individuals with psychosis, prenatally exposed to endocrine disrupting compounds: Lessons from diethylstilbestrol.
- 2015 Neonatal DES exposure caused the differential expression of 900 genes.
- 2014 Implications of Prenatal Steroid Perturbations for Neurodevelopment, Behavior, and Autism.
- 2014 Maternal Obesity Affects Fetal Neurodevelopmental and Metabolic Gene Expression: A Pilot Study.
- 2013 Polymorphisms in the maternal sex steroid pathway are associated with behavior problems in male offspring.
- 2012 Endocrine Disrupters: A Review of Some Sources, Effects, and Mechanisms of Actions on Behaviour and Neuroendocrine Systems.
- 2012 Environmental epigenetics prospects for studying epigenetic mediation of exposure–response relationships.
- 2011 A genomic point-of-view on environmental factors influencing the human brain methylome.
- 2011 Association of increased prenatal estrogen with risk factors for schizophrenia and/or autism.
- 2011 Neuroendocrine Disruption: Historical Roots, Current Progress, Questions for the Future.
- 2010 What causes autism? Exploring the environmental contribution.
- 2009 Birth Defects in the Sons and Daughters of Women who were Exposed in utero to Diethylstilbestrol (DES).
- 2009 Effects of Bisphenol-A and Other Endocrine Disruptors Compared With Abnormalities of Schizophrenia: An Endocrine-Disruption Theory of Schizophrenia.
- 2009 Prospects for Epigenetic Epidemiology.
- 2006 Detection of chromosomal aberrations by fluorescence in situ hybridization in cervicovaginal biopsies from women exposed to diethylstilbestrol in utero.
- 2000 Genomic imprinting and environmental disease susceptibility.
- 2000 Mechanisms underlying Children’s susceptibility to environmental toxicants.
For different topics, go first to Diethylstilbestrol DES Studies.